We run a number of exciting initiatives that aim to improve English language teaching, learning and assessment. Our English Projects include Self Access Learning and English for Education Systems.
Self Access Learning (SAL)
Self Access Learning allows you to learn English from the comfort of your own home. By offering innovative and fun learning materials that are accessible through television, radio, newspaper, home computers and mobile phones. SAL helps to engage learners and support more formal learning methods. A wide range of resources, online tools and materials are available to learners, including:
- Learn English websites
- Learn English Apps
- The online e-focus magazine in partnership with Virtual University of Tunis
- General and Specific English online resources : Learn English Pathways, Learn English for IT and Learn English for Tourism.
English for Education Systems (EES)
Our English for Education Systems work is to support English language teaching by working closely with teachers, trainers and inspectors to raise standards of teaching and as a result the quality of learning English. We work directly with educators, ministries and other institutions.
Our work involves:
- developing and delivering face-to-face and online teacher training and trainer training programmes in the primary, secondary, vocational and university education sectors
- organising teacher training courses for English teachers
- providing teachers with an opportunity to take the Cambridge Teaching Knowledge Test (TKT)
- supporting professional networks such as Teacher Associations
- carrying out research into English teaching and learning in all sectors.