The British Council is recruiting Peer Facilitators that will be responsible of co-developing debate clubs within the Young Mediterranean Voices programme by delivering debate trainings, monitoring and supporting young debaters during cascade and competitions with the possibility to adjudicate during debate competitions.
|Comittment||6 to 18 months|
|Fee rate||Voluntary with subsistence|
|Call closing date||Tuesday 07 April 2019|
- Peer Facilitators are the key to YMV programme delivery; they are the link between young debaters in debate clubs and the rest of the programme; the organisations (hubs) and the Master Facilitators. In particular, Peer Facilitators are expected to:
- Attend a 3-day National Debate training in country which will include an intensive training in the YMV Debate Curriculum and Facilitation Techniques and additional home/online learning.
- Attend the national launching meeting with hubs to develop cascade action plan
- Deliver the debate training during cascade phase to debate clubs organised by Hubs organisations
- Follow up and monitor debaters in debate clubs during practice and before competitions.
- Prepare motions for the debaters during the cascade trainings and other competitions
- Travel (internally and/or externally) when needed
- Report to Master Facilitators on debaters performance, number of debaters, motions used.
- Select and recommend debaters during the qualification stage leading to the final competition
- Show full commitment throughout the YMV life cycle: National Debate training, cascade trainings, information sessions, inter-debate competitions, and the national debate forum
- Become a part of the wider YMV team, actively participating in the ‘National Advisory Committee’ and sharing good practice.
- Become a representative of YMV, upholding YMV mission, ethos and reputation.
All details are available in the attached document below.
How to apply
Submit all mandatory documentation to YMV@britishcouncil.org by the Response Deadline, as set out in the Timescales section of the application, mentioning in the subject email: Peer Facilitator - Your Country – Your Name.
Deadline to apply: 07 April 2019